Summarized from Accidental Hedonist...
- ½ med. onion diced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- ¾ lb of ground sausage
- 4 oz of bourbon
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
In a small skillet over medium heat add the onions oil and salt, then fry until the onions are translucent. Once they are translucent set them aside.
In a large skillet over medium-low heat...
- Add the ground sausage and 2 oz of bourbon
- Fry the sausage until browned
- Once browned add the cooked onions
- Add one tablespoon of flour and stir until the sausage and flour are incorporated together
- Repeat 4 times until all flour is used
- Slowly add one cup of milk until it begins to thicken
- Repeat 2 times until all milk is used
- Add the last of the bourbon and stir it together